At the Letting Store we provide a dedicated service to tenants searching
for their ideal property to rent in your chosen area and to suit your budget. We have an experienced, professional team waiting to help you.
Call us now on 01727 614063 or register your details online by using our Contact Page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Administration Fees Information:
When you apply for a tenancy there will be administration fees to pay.
Our administration fee is £350 including vat per tenancy. If a guarantor is required an additional £175.00 including vat is required upon referencing. There is a contract renewal administration fee of £50 applicable to all tenancies.
If an external reference is required from The Letting Store an administration fee of £35 is payable.
The administration fees are non- refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the minimum term a property can be rented for?
An Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement has a minimum term of six months.
- Are any other forms required?
- Yes, we require a copy of your passport or drivers licence, a copy of a
recent payslip or P60 and a copy of a utility bill, bank statement or
credit card statement showing your current address (please note mobile
phone statements are not acceptable). Please be advised that we will not
be able to proceed with your application until we have received these
- Is a deposit required and if so how much?
- A security deposit equivalent to six weeks rent (ie a monthly rent of £525
would require a deposit of £725) is required prior to moving into the
property. Deposits must be paid either in cash or a bankers draft and will
be returned at the end of the tenancy subject to the property being left in
a satsifactory condition.
- When do I need to pay the first month's rent and deposit?
- On the day the tenancy commences you will be required to pay one month's
rent plus the deposit in the form of cash or a bankers draft. We are
unable to accept ordinary cheques, switch cards or credit cards. After
this initial payment you will be required to pay your rent by Standing
Order which will come out of your bank account approximately 3 days before
the rental payment date, in order to ensure we receive the money on the
rent due date.
- What happens after my fixed term expires?
- Provided your tenancy has been conducted in a satisfactory manner and the
Landlord is agreeable, your tenancy can be renewed. Please note that the
fee to renew your tenancy for a further fixed term will be £50.00 plus VAT.
- Are Pets Allowed?
- Most Landlords have restrictions regarding pets particularly cats and dogs
and specify that they will not allow them in the property. It is important
therefore that you advise us if you do have pets so we may find you a
suitable property. Should a Landlord accept a pet your deposit would be
increased by an extra £200 per pet.
- What does the rent cover?
- In the majority of our rental properties the rental payment is just that,
ie. rent. You will be responsible for all Utility bills, Council tax, TV
licence and Telephone.
- Housing Benefit
- We regret that we cannot accept applicants who rely on benefits to pay
We are able to arrange comprehensive insurance to cover your personal contents and
in addition accidental damage to your Landlord's contents, fixtures and fittings for
which you are responsible for. Please contact us for further details.
ALL PROPERTIES ARE LET AS SEEN